MICHAEL's EMAIL

WELCOME TO THE MICHAEL J MORRIS REPORT!!!!

EMAIL mj.morris@live.ca

WRITE ME WITH COMMENTS, STORY IDEAS, SUGGESTIONS, INFORMATION REQUESTS. IF YOU CAN'T FIND A STORY, DO NOT HESITATE TO EMAIL ME

Friday, February 17, 2012

Ordinary Chapleau people doing extraordinary things like looking through little windows into the past

Rev Robert Warrington beside first St John's Church circa 1897
Very seldom do I post emails that I receive about Michael J Morris Reports and my Chapleau Moments column in the Chapleau Express, but I am sharing this one from Cecil Warrington in the United Kingdom because he writes about Chapleau and the life and times and people who call it home. 


Mr Warrington notes the ordinary people of Chapleau who ended up doing extraordinary things, and Chapleau produced so many of them throughout its history. 


Mr Warrington wrote to me seeking information about Rev Robert Warrington, a member of his family. A Rev Warrington was the minister at St John's Anglican Church in Chapleau from 1896 to 1898, and the rectory was completed during his time there. 


I now hope to learn more about Rev Warrington who came to Chapleau for some moments, served as Rector of St John's and was part of the building of the rectory, truly an historic Chapleau building. Thanks Mr Warrington for writing to me.


Mr Warrington wrote as follows:




"Dear Michael
                     My name is Cecil Warrington, and I have recently come across your Blog  Michael J Morris reports about your home town of Chapleau,   First I would like to say that I just love all of your Reports. I loved reading about the ordinary people of this town and how they lived and worked and how some of them ended up doing extraordinary things as part of their daily lives.
The old photos are beautiful,  To me they are like looking through little windows into the past. I love them.

"Michael,  I come across your Web site while I was searching for information on a man called Reverend Robert Warrington, and as one of your photo's is of St John's Church with the Rev Robert Warrington, I was wondering if you had any information on him or is there anybody who would have information on him.  There is a good possibility that this man was a member of my family and I already have a lot of information on him.  I know he was in Canada in the 1890s but I don't know what part of Canada he was in.

"I would appreciate any help you can give me,

                                                                Thank you,  Kind regards,
                                                                                                     Cecil Warrington"

No comments:

Michael J Morris

Michael J Morris
MJ with Buckwheat (1989-2009) Photo by Leo Ouimet

UNEEK LUXURY TOURS, ORLANDO FL

UNEEK LUXURY TOURS, ORLANDO FL
click on image

MEMORIES FROM CHILDHOOD

MEMORIES FROM CHILDHOOD
Following the American Dream from Chapleau. CLICK ON IMAGE