MICHAEL's EMAIL

WELCOME TO THE MICHAEL J MORRIS REPORT!!!!

EMAIL mj.morris@live.ca

WRITE ME WITH COMMENTS, STORY IDEAS, SUGGESTIONS, INFORMATION REQUESTS. IF YOU CAN'T FIND A STORY, DO NOT HESITATE TO EMAIL ME

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Friday Morning Coffee Club Holds Birthday Party for Three Members

From left Jim, Joel, Bill, MJ, Ron, Yme, Mark, Gordon
The Friday Morning Coffee Club (FMCC) which meets at the Starbucks in the Cranbrook Target store celebrated the birthdays of three of its regulars with Joel Vinge, one of the founders, leading a rousing rendition of  "Happy Birthday",

Celebrating birthdays and getting a muffin with a candle on it and a card were Ron McFarland, Gordon Ingalls and Bill Nightingale, youngsters all!

FMCC was founded over a year ago shortly after Target opened its store here. I started having coffee at its Starbucks mainly because I discovered that several of my former students from College of the Rockies were working there, and I wanted to show them my support. I also liked the friendly staff, (team members in Target jargon), excellent prices and customer service (guest service in the Target manual)

Shortly afterwards, Joel, who had just moved into the neighbourhood, decided to walk over from his new home, and  join me. We told Jim Roberts about it, FMCC was launched and has had as many as twelve show up for coffee.

Before FMCC some of us did not know each other too well, and we come from a great variety of backgrounds, personally and professionally, from all over Canada, with one from the United States.

For me, who has not gone for coffee "with the boys" since I was in high school, a few years ago, it has been a new experience. I look forward immensely to our weekly meetings where conversations range from being asked to check our wardrobes to see where our clothes were made to attempted smuggling of booze across the border, the latter in younger days of course.... and everything in between but all in a lighthearted vein.

I really enjoy hearing the stories the boys share, and I laugh a lot. Some of the members are at least a couple of weeks older than me, and some younger, but the lighthearted conversations bring us together. It is great fun.

I am a great believer that we should make every effort to focus on those things which bring us together rather than divide us, and FMCC does it for me. Thanks guys.

And, thanks to the Target and Starbucks  "team members" who extend the hand of hospitality to us each week.

I tweeted to Target Canada about the party and here is reply:


@MichaelJMo - Birthday greetings to your Friday Morning Coffee Club members. We're delighted you choose to celebrate with us. Thanks.









No comments:

Michael J Morris

Michael J Morris
MJ with Buckwheat (1989-2009) Photo by Leo Ouimet

UNEEK LUXURY TOURS, ORLANDO FL

UNEEK LUXURY TOURS, ORLANDO FL
click on image

MEMORIES FROM CHILDHOOD

MEMORIES FROM CHILDHOOD
Following the American Dream from Chapleau. CLICK ON IMAGE